Saturday, April 11, 2009

Warmer weather, longer days: Life is Good

One year old! I turned one on April 4 and that's not the only reason I like April.

The days are getting longer. Mom comes home has dinner, feeds me (I don't mind waiting, I usually get a small bit of meat and vegetables added to my Blue food) then its outside for as much frisbee as I can stand until I drop down for a rest. Then we come inside, get the leash and its out for our walk and obedience. 

The walking next to Mom thing - I'm getting used to it, but really, I wish she would let me lead. I try at the start of the walk now even though I know she is going to insist she is the Alpha dog but hey I have to keep her on her toes and test her everyday otherwise she might get complacent. You never want your alpha dog to get complacent so as number 2 (okay number 5 but the kids are out of the house and dad doesn't come on the walks so I can pretend) its my job to keep mom on her toes.

I'm not a big fan of the April rain, but the warmer days and the extra sunshine is wonderful. Mom says that if I like April wait until July and August. 

I had to remind her I'm a Dobe and Dobes take life one day at a time.

I think she's starting to get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment