Monday, April 20, 2009

Headphones are not Doberman Safe

Dad's scream pierced the early morning bird singing. I suppose it was a shock for him to find the headphones and microphone shredded into bits of copper and black wire wrapping. He groaned. He shouted. I don't know what he was saying but I could tell he wasn't happy.

When Dad really isn't happy he goes and wakes up Mom. I ran into my kennel to listen from a safe vantage point. It turns out that the headphone and microphone didn't belong to Dad. They belonged to his college. Mom had borrowed them from him for a webinar she was giving on how to use a blog and twitter. She left it in her leather briefcase, which I found when Dad left the mudroom door ajar.

I could hear them having a long discussion about giving me more exercise followed by a longer discussion about where to put the briefcase. Then they both came downstairs, had their coffee and talked about locking the mudroom door so I couldn't open it. (The great thing about our house is my mom designed it and put these European door handles on the doors which any enterprising Dobe can learn to open by slapping with a paw and running forward.)

There was some more talk about another obedience class, but I grew tired and went to sleep wondering if more exercise meant agility class (not my favorite) or walks in the park (my favorite) or trips to the outlet stores (the very best!)

No comments:

Post a Comment